Pages

Friday, May 25, 2018

Form Fluttering



Happy Friday, everyone! Lisa from The Relativity of Paper sharing my take on the JGW Dress Form from the JGW Just Sew Collection
 I've been wanting to create this dress form for a while. In true Lisa fashion it had to be bright and happy. These papers are covered in beautiful, bold colors, just what I was looking for. 


There's a wonderful step-by-step tutorial, here.  Please be sure to check it out when you start your project. The first thing I did was cut all the pieces I needed ahead of time. Yes, the pieces have been sitting in a box for two weeks waiting for me. Hey, it works. 

When I started assembling the dress form, I gathered all of MY necessary supplies and then went to it. I jumped around a bit because several pieces have multiple layers and I wanted to give them time to dry while I worked on other pieces. 
I use quick dry adhesive to assemble. 
I'll never stop talking about these clips and how much time they can save you. 

I decided to add a little texture to these accent pieces by running them through an embossing folder and BigKick. 

I added ink to bring out the woodgrain from embossing. 

After assembling the form I started adding a few embellishments.

The butterflies were cut using dies from my stash. I added some fun ribbon around the waist as a belt topped off with a flower from my stash. A few pearls around the neck to match the flower on the waist.

Here's the finished product. 


The wheels were turning while I was assembling the dress form. So keep checking back for things to come. 

As always, thanks for joining me and have a great weekend.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!
SnapDragon Snippets 
SVG Attic Facebook Page
SVG Attic Fanatics Facebook
SVG Attic Blog
SVG Attic Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely work of art, Lisa! Those butterflies and a whimsical touch and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock that mannequin! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete