Pages

Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Hello and Happy Sunday!
Welcoming February and hoping it will bring some snow. Oh I miss snow! Winter in Denmark is not what it once was. Back in the '80ties we had some huge snowstorms....and a couple in the '90ties too but now it's just rain, wind and a whole lot of grey :-(
Maybe my need for snow is what gave me this idea for the Wardrobe 3D Box Decor (this file comes in two parts) from Snapdragon Snippets

Remember the tale of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and how the kids went to a magical land inside the wardrobe? - There was snow!!!


I just knew that was what I was going to make of the wardrobe.
I used AC Cardstock in Chestnut  and wood patterned paper to make the wardrobe and I found some hinges from Tim Holtz, a lock also from Tim Holtz, a drawer handle and some metal ornaments to decorate with.

I also made a little sign to point to the direction of Narnia - the Magical land inside the Wardrobe.



The handle on the door is made from a metal ornament on which I glued a black resin flower.
Finally I decorated  the top of the drawer with a ornament frame in metal with a picture of Aslan - "the Great Lion of Narnia" as another clue to my wardrobe.


Now my only wish is to be able to disappear into the wardrobe to experience the gorgeous wintery forrest that hides behind the door.
Thanks for joining me today - I hope to see lots of other versions of this wonderful Wardrobe box that Jodi G. Warner made and please remember to let me know what you think of this project.




12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely magical! I feel that this is exactly the wardrobe that the four siblings stepped through to Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Love it. Your keyhole and lion embellishments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I go with you? 😄
    What a magical wardrobe, Helle. The lion is the crowning touch. You’ve done it again, my snowless friend. It’s perfect!
    Kris P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you may come anytime Kris - thank you so much for your kind words....again <3

      Delete
  4. OMG! That's so enchanting! Love how you used wood grain paper to make it look so real. The lock and key and the Great Lion of Narnia are perfect additions. Wow, great job! Looks like you've been busy also. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome!!! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and I giggle a little bit each time I see the tag!

    ReplyDelete