Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bus Driver Appreciation Week

Hello all. I-team member Sonja here with two projects I made using the collapsible bus card from the JGW Back 2 School file. 

A few years back, I created the bus box from the SDS Gearing Up 4 School file for my son's driver at that time. I filled it with all sorts of little goodies that I think a driver needs. Like ear plugs and Advil. 

Last week was bus driver appreciation week for my son's school. He has had the same driver's for two years and I always like to do something special for them. Remembering the bus box I did a few years ago, gave me the inspiration to do this bus bucket set for their gifts!

 I decided to go with an all things yellow theme for their gift buckets. Why? Because we DEFINITELY could use some sunshine in these parts! Plus it matches the bus's so why not. 
 Each gift bucket has a chapstick, gum, two kinds of candies, a plant to grow, and a little duck.
 Each bus is the same with the exception of customizing a few things like their names on the side. 
I used my eBrush to spray subtle yellow highlights around each object on the light and dark yellow cardstock. 
 I added brads for the headlights and ran the chrome bumpers and silver lining of the wheels through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Darice embossing folder. 

 A few changes: I moved the stop sign to the drivers side and added a little extension arm so it moves. I added brads to the wheels for a little pop of texture. 
 The back of the bus, I wanted to have the message for each recipient. Plus I added tires and lights to match the front of the bus.
 Overall, I think they will enjoy their gifts and be able to keep the bus card for a long time. 
 I have it on a good authority that his bus driver from 2015 has kept a few of my projects on his desk when he was promoted! 
For more inspiration projects by me please visit: Sugar Bean Cards 

Materials Used: 

SVG Attic 'JGW Back 2 School
JGW Back 2 School
Core'd nations card stock
Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Studio Designer's Edition
Sizzix Big Shot
Darice embossing folders
Craftwell eBrush
Sharpie markers
AC Elements Brads
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Teresa Collins Mega Runner

7 comments:

  1. Very awesome collection of goodies to go with those amazing bus cards! My sister is a bus driver and her name is Cathy, so I'm thinking one of those cards is made just for her LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! I didn't even know there was a bus driver appreciation week. Thanks for sharing this adorable idea and project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's new to our district, but I've heard others in other states are doing it as well! Thank you

      Delete
  3. You are so sweet to appreciate them this way!

    "I filled it with all sorts of little goodies that I think a driver needs. Like ear plugs and Advil"

    HAHAHAHa. This cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine the kind of patience and focus it takes to be a bus driver! Thank you Angeline!

      Delete