Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Always Tea Time

I got my inspiration for today’s post from Alice.  Alice in Wonderland that is.  I bought a gigantic coloring book with Alice In Wonderland illustrations and then I remember there was a file in the SVG Attic shop with all the elements I needed to make a 12×12 mixed media canvas.
The file I used, Mad Hatter Tea Party currently being remade to be compatible with all cutting machines and you can check the store at a later time for it if you don’t already have it.
I started out by applying Mod Podge and pretty napkins to the bottom layer.  Then I found more Alice in Wonderland images on Google and printed those because I wasn't about to cut up my fabulous coloring book.

After the first layer was dry, I added a couple of vintage doilies, and the Alice and the Mad Hatter to the middle right corner.  On top of that layer, I added Dye-Na-Flo fabric paints which are translucent, but permanent after drying them with the heat gun or ironing on fabric with a hot iron.




I downloaded the Alice in Wonderland free font and welded the title “It’s Always Tea Time!”  as well as the “Drink Me tag.”


I also used a stencil and black distress paint for the clock and.  The Mad Hatter’s hat has the tag with 10/6 on it.  If you look closely at the bottom of the canvas you can also see the Queen of Hearts, The White Rabbit, and The Knave of Hearts.  I also added stamps, rub-ons and stencils
All the elements were cut with my Cricut using DCWV paper.
This is going in my kitchen because we love tea and it will remind us that we can drink it any time we want.
Thanks for coming over and happy crafting!!
Carmen Lucero


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Carmen! This is fabulous! I love all the details, and yes, there are a ton of those! Amazing creation, as always.

    ReplyDelete